Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Another Year, Another Blog Revive?

Yes, I know it's been over a year since my last post here and I did the thing i honestly hate the most about people on the internet these days. They disappear then pop up when they have to promote something. That was me, a year ago. 
today, I just want to post, you know? I enjoy writing blog posts, I enjoy writing in general, so I thought why not revive the blog again? Hopefully this time it will stick. If not? Maybe I will try again another year. 


Anyway, I'm still Monique, I'm still a writer, all the boring things are still the same. I found a bunch of questions on the internet that I thought I could answer when I do not have other content to post. So, I saved them in Scrivener and decided that today I am going to post about  of those questions,  so that you can get to know me a little better.  I'll link other 'getting to know you' type posts here, incase you want to know more. If you want to know even more than that, feel free to leave a comment. 


  1. What is your favorite color? Orange
  2. Thamba Male Leopard
    What is your favorite animal? Aside from my own? Leopard. 
  3. Do you have any pets? 2 cats and a dog. Ollie and Joel have passed but are always in my heart. 
  4. Do you have brothers or sisters? 7 brothers, 1 sister. 
  5. What is the farthest you have traveled from home? Adelaide
  6. What is your favorite summer activity? Watching storms, trying to not exist
  7. What is your favorite winter activity? Wearing hoodies, 
  8. What is your favorite food? Chips and Gravy
  9. Who is your favorite superhero? Captain America, special shout out to Bucky Barnes and Iron Man. 
  10. Who is your favorite Disney character? Kovu from The Lion King 2. Special shout out to Ariel and Maleficent. 
  11. What is the last TV show you binged watched? Please note that the only way I watch TV or movies is to binge watch. I am currently binging Supernatural.
    I should also add here that my proudest binge watch effort was watching all 6 Seasons of Lucifer in 8 days. 
  12. What kind of elderly person do you hope to be? Hopefully a crazy cat lady… with a dog…. Maybe a snake
  13. What is your favorite random fact? My favorite random fact is that buttered popcorn and Leopard pee smell the same. Not by convenience but a shared chemical called 2-AP. When a popcorn kernel is heated, it creates a chemical reaction that forms 2-AP. Other animals that are have buttered popcorn smelling urine are Genet’s and Binturong’s
  14. What is the most ridiculous thing you believed as a child? There are probably a few that could go here, but here’s a funny one: When we were kids, my mum had us believe that there was a little man in side the car’s cassette player that switched the cassette tape to the other side when the first side finished. 
  15. What is your favorite song?
    Of all time: Papercut by Linkin Park
     Right now: Demons by Imagine Dragons
  16. What is your definition of success? It depends on the scale. When I look back on something I want to be able to tell I did the thing for all the right reasons, not for money or for other people’s validation. I want to make sure I did it because it made my heart feel good.

    Another thing, one of my biggest life wishes is that when I do pass away for some one other than my family, my bestie and my pets to think about me one day and for me to have inspired them to do something that they love and can be proud of.  I think if I can leave a legacy of never quitting and to have inspired people, I’d call that a success. 
    Chris Evans
  17. Name one celebrity crush, past or present.? ….Chris Evans…. No surprise there (easy A)  ... Did you know I can talk fluently in Chris Evans gifs? I can talk fluently in Chris Evans gifs. :) 
  18. When did you first feel like an adult? Pretty much the day I turned 25. I don’t know what it was about that year but I feel like I flipped a switch from ‘immature brat’ to ‘adult brat’. I started to understand things from a more level perspective. 
  19. What do you wish more people understand about you? That I am trying, even though most days it looks like I am not. 
  20. What is the craziest thing you ever did on a dare? I flashed the cops on my 21st birthday
    I was dared to “flash” some cars on a drunken walk home from a club, I got confident and announced, ‘Watch the next one will probably be the cops’ low and behold, it was. The were pretty chill, just told me not to be an idiot. I have not done that again. 






No comments: