Sunday, June 9, 2019

Current Writing Goals


Goals

When I was 12 years old, I found myself with an abundance of blank stationery, I had no idea what I was going to do with it. Until one day when I was at school. Both my friends were off sick, I was sitting in ‘our area’ all alone and just started writing.



19 years later, through thick and thin I am still writing, although now with aspirations to be able to make a living off of selling books. With a combination of that aspiration and two anxiety disorders, I have found it hard to really do anything past finishing a bunch of draft zeros.
That was until last week. I was having a breakdown convincing myself I was not worth writing, that I was pretty much destined to amount to nothing… (isn’t mental illness amazing?) Honestly, I am lucky I have such a supportive group of friends. (shout out to Lydia Harcourt and Selene for helping me through this particular breakdown)
The night of the breakdown I decided that I needed to make a proper effort towards my dream. I’m not saying previous efforts haven’t been worthy, they have, but this time I just need to sit down and work my butt off.
So, I made a goal. By June 30th 2020 I am going to begin querying two of my novels. Stand Tall, They’ll Break Your Heart and Iridescent.

I’ll make a separate post telling how I plan to work through each novel, but for now, let me tell you about the novels themselves.

Stand Tall, They’ll Break Your Heart. 


Stand Tall, They’ll Break Your Heart is a realistic fiction stand-alone novel that focuses on a young girl named Emily who is kidnapped and brutalized in ways unimaginable by her boyfriend. The novel See’s Emily trudges through the aftermath with her friends by her side.
Stand Tall, is going to need a complete rewrite for it to be even ready to send out to critique partners or beta readers, but I am here for the challenges

Iridescent


Iridescent is a high fantasy (kind of unsure of the genre tbh) series that focuses on Michael and Stephanie. He is a dream demon that has put a curse upon the people of earth. She is the Angel of Peace and Compassion. Stephanie has been sent on missions for her home, Angama, for centuries in order to bring peace and/or compassion where ever it was needed. The mission to The Boarder was the same, that was until she got pregnant with a demons baby.
I currently have the first three parts (or books) planned for Iridescent,


Okay, so I’m not too good at Synopses, but you get the idea, right?

I don’t know if it’s the fact that I am one test off being done with Uni for a month, maybe I am fighting a depression funk or that I am finally on a path that might just work but over the last three days I have spent over 1,050 minutes on sorting out, planning and organizing things for the above novels to work through the goals I have set without completely overwhelming myself.
I really hope this mood or whatever it is, can stick around, because, I’m really of loving it.


Subscribe to Monique Diplock by Email

No comments: