Saturday, February 20, 2021

Pre Order My Latest Release!

It's been a while since I've had the pleasure of announcing anything, really let-a-lone something to the magnitude of the excitement I am feeling right now. 

So what is it? 

I'm having a short story published in 5 days!! The Wicked End by Monique Cherie (me) will be published in Tangled Rhythm due be released on February 25th. The good news? you can pre-order it now!

Yup! you read that right, this little old author is jumping back into the publishing game with my first short story in several years. 


Here are the details. 


Myself and 11 other authors have been graciously accepted by the amazing R&R Publishing Company to submit our music-themed stories to this publication with all proceeds going to the charity: Notes For Notes - More about them in a moment.


Add it to your Goodreads here: Tangled Rhythm Goodreads

You can Pre-Order it Here: Tangled Rhythm Pre-Order



R&R Publishing company are an indie publishing house that has chosen to focus on anthologies. They are an amazing, helpful, easy to work with crew that I feel honoured to have shared this experience with. the best part about R&R is their efforts for charities. All royalties earned from their anthologies get paid directly to charities. what's to hate?



Notes for Notes:  (Copied from their about me section on their website)

Notes for Notes® (N4N®) was founded in Santa Barbara, CA in 2006 as an answer to the lack of contemporary musical equipment and programs in public schools in order to provide youth with music and production instruction that produces both positive social-emotional and creative growth. Inspired by their time as Bigs in the Big Brothers Big Sisters Program the Founders were focused on creating an environment with zero barriers to entry. Youth could have access to top of the line instruments, gear and Producers that would always be there to help them realize that talent inside themselves, all for FREE.


Today, N4N provides access to high quality, recording studio environments, but more importantly, access to positive and encouraging relationships to over 8,500 youth in 23 studios across 11 states/14 cities. Located inside Boys & Girls Clubs/ youth facilities (and soon public schools) N4N Studios are gateways to exploring music, careers in the industry and producing original music that empowers young musicians to realize their identity.


Added by me: 

Notes for Notes is an amazing company that I have been following for some time. When I joined this anthology I was doing it to get my name back out in the publishing industry. I had no problem letting the proceeds go to charities. my previous publications, the proceeds went to cystic fibrosis. The donation and the portfolio were a win-win for me. When I joined this anthology and looked around. I was ecstatic to see the charity they were supporting was something I already cared deeply for. Notes for Notes as such an amazing team on their advisory board, names like Slash, Kenny Loggins, Richie Sambora, Jack Johnson and one of my favourite people in the whole wide world Brendon Urie of Panic! at the Disco. I'm so ecstatic to be helping a charity that these names are associated with. 


Please click here to check out everything Notes for Notes does. 

 


I was hesitant to submit my story 'The Wicked End' to the anthology. The theme is music. The way I thought of The Wicked End originally I believed the music was not enough to be a part of this. I decided to give The Wicked End a read over before I made my final decision. When I read over it, I came to a realisation. Music is not just about what comes out of our mouth, or what is played by our fingers. Music isn't always what we hear but what we feel. As you read over this section of Clementine's story I hope to portray to our readers that Music is something that we do not control, we do not dictate what we feel when we hear it. For me, music is a spiritual connection that builds a foundation to help me navigate whatever terrain lays ahead of me. Writing is my soul, as much as being a writer is engrained in who I am, and how I exist Music is just as virtual. Without writing and Music, I can't help but wonder how oxygen would continue to exist in my lungs. 



Don't forget!!


Add it to your Goodreads here: Tangled Rhythm Goodreads
You can Pre-Order it Here: Tangled Rhythm Pre-Order







No comments: