Sunday, June 12, 2016

The Eight: Eight Places I Want To Travel

So, it's kinda been like two weeks since i started this, . . . yeah i suck, i keep saying it :)


1. Huntington Beach: I have loved Huntington Beach since i was 15 or something, When i saw Lords of Dog-town, It's such a nice place, I also hear great things about the locals, SoCal and LA In general I'd really like i to be a part of my first international trip.
Huntington Beach, California.
2. Chicago: This city has so much history and culture, there is so much i want to see and experience, i need to go there ASAP.
3. Gorongosa: Gorongosa National Park is located in the south African nation of Mozambique, the
park was basically destroyed in a civil war between 1981 and 1994, many of its native animals disappeared. Over the time since the war The Carr Foundation (a non profit) and an amazing team of conservationists have moved to restore and protect Gorongosa. They've done so much, I just adore hearing about it, I would live to see it all first hand!
4. New Orleans: Interview With a Vampire, The Originals, Hurricane Katrina all took place in New Orleans and those are just the things I can think of off the top of my head. Okay technically The Originals is filmed in Georgia but, its inspired by New Orleans. Seriously though, If those streets could take, they would say tell some amazing, tragic, inspiring stories, if only. . . if only :)
Rottnest Island, Western Australia
5. Bora Bora: Ahh how amazing is Bora Bora? I'm not one for heat, Being Australian, we get some pretty extreme heat, like i absolutely LOVE winter, so tropical destinations aren't really at the top of my list but Bora Bora is an exception I'll make. Imagine spending a week just chilling out in this tropical heaven!?
6. Rottnest Island: An Aussie one!! Rottnest Island is situated just off Perth in Western Australia, It's so small, but I'd love to spend some time there, maybe like a weekend, I kind of really want to see how different that side of Australia is to the side of it i live on (I love on the east coast, Perth is obviously on the west coast.)
Cheeky King,
Gorongosa National Park
7. The Berlin Wall: I dont know why i want to go see this wall that kept a city divided, but I do. it just fascinates me, its so iconic,When the destruction began was kind of when we started accepting Germany in to the world again. That's so important to me.
8.The Catacombs of Paris: Catacombs are basically a kind of Roman time burial ground, The Catacombs, are something like 200 miles of tunnels, which is mostly covered in human remains, This place is said to hold around six million bodies, much of it is off limits to the public, imagine the heebie jeebies you'd get from this place, imagine if those skulls could talk, IMAGINE omg! I need ot go there


So there you have it, Eight Places i would like to visit! Have you been to any of these places? Where would you like to visit? leave a comment or hit me up on Twitter @moniquediplock and let me know!

Thanks for reading guys!

No comments: