Thursday, June 16, 2016

Movie Review: Alice Through The Looking Glass.

Hello Dreamers!
My best friend and i went to the movies tonight, we saw the much anticipated Alice Through the Looking Glass, below are my thoughts of it, I hope you enjoy.



Director: James Bobbin
Producer: Tim Burton, Joe Roth, Suzanne Todd, Jennifer Todd
Written by: Linda Woolverton
Based on characters: by Lewis Carroll
Music by: Danny Elfman
Starring: Mia Wasikowska, Anne Hathaway, Rhys Ifans, Halena Bonham Carter, Sacha Baron Cohen, Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, Johnny Depp.
Plot: After slipping through a mirror, Alice (Mia Wasikowska) finds herself back in Underland with the White Queen (Anne Hathaway), the Cheshire Cat, the White Rabbit, Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Her friends tell her that the Mad Hatter (Johnny Depp) is in a funk over the loss of his family. Hoping to save his loved ones, Alice steals the Chronosphere from Time (Sacha Baron Cohen) to travel into the past. While there, she encounters the younger Hatter and the evil Red Queen (Helena Bonham Carter).


My Review:

After seeing the first movie in the series 'Alice in Wonderland' in the cinema i was excited when my best friend, Jedda offered me the seat next to her in the movie. I remembered seeing number one amazing 3d(and i really am not a fan of 3d) quality back when it first came out there was so much magic and the world was so easily immersible, I would be happy to say that the second movie in the series 'Alice Through The Looking Glass' was just as wonderful as the first but i am afraid I would be lying. Honestly, The Movie wasn't great, it was good at best. I had a lovely night but the movie was kind of disapointing. While the story was nice and supported the typical PG there's a lesson in this message, there was the humor, it was really missing something that the first one had plenty of and that was MAGIC. The movie really lacked Magic and that made me sad. I go in to my super hero movies expecting action (and eye candy), I go into my Tim Burton movies expecting magic and unfortunately in this one it just wasnt there. I am glad i got to have a night out with my bestie but the movie could have been so much better.

Favorite Part: Dedication to Alan Rickman! & When Alice was on the Chronosphere going through time
Least Favorite part: The reason why Red Queen hated White Queen, ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?




Have you seen this move? Did you enjoy it? Comment below!














No comments: